POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chrome texture ? - 1 attachment : Re: chrome texture ? - 1 attachment Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chrome texture ? - 1 attachment
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Aug 2002 13:14:46
Message: <3D612786.5D37542C@gmx.de>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> yes, but this approach is realistic - if You zoom in real chrome object You
> will see that in fact it is quite sharp (as in zoom in on www).
> And my normal works exacly that way.

I'm not sure what you think is realistic when rendering this technique in
a larger view, but the irregularities on a slightly dull metal surface are
always in microscopic scale (usually a few micrometer) so you won't see
them directly even if you 'zoom in'.  There is no point in trying to
create a physically correct model of the irregularities because you won't
be able to simulate the optical effects involved accurately.

> I alsow foght about strong AA needed, and imho best solution is to use
> quality optin like

Would you mind taking a bit more care about typing?  I would not complain
if this was about language style but it seems just mixing up characters.
If the reason is some medical handicap i will understand of course.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______